Jorge Sicouret Zea
Jorge is a lawyer at Coronel & Pérez. His practice focuses on litigation and arbitration, as well as civil, corporate, constitutional and administrative matters. Jorge obtained his law degree from the Universidad de Especialidades Espiritu Santo, in Guayaquil, and is currently pursuing a master's degree in Business Law at the same university.
Litigation and Arbitration
- Member of the team that advised Odin Mining del Ecuador S.A. (subsidiary of Lumina Gold Corp.), as a third party in a contentious administrative lawsuit brought by a concessionaire against the Ministry of Mining.
- Member of the team of lawyers that represents Egis Internacional, in contentious administrative trials.
- Advice to Ecuavisa in a trial for challenging glosses against the Internal Revenue Service (Servicios de Rentas Internas).
- Member of the team that advised Stemcor Usa Inc. in an executive lawsuit against an Ecuadorian company.
- Member of the team that advised a local company in a lawsuit seeking damages for anticompetitive practices.
- Legal advice and participation in incorporation processes, statutory reforms, dissolutions, liquidations and restructuring of companies.
- Member of the Ecuador Lawyers Forum (2021).
- Universidad de Especialidad Espíritu Santo, Master in Business Law (2021-2022).
- Universidad de Especialidad Espíritu Santo, Lawyer (2021).