Jorge is a partner at Coronel & Pérez. He has advised clients in various industries, especially in construction and real estate projects, in complex corporate transactions involving both, private and the public sector, as well as in litigation and arbitration. He has been part of teams that have prepared expert reports in Ecuadorian law for numerous international litigation and arbitrations of great amount. He is an arbitrator of the Centro de Arbitraje y Conciliación de la Cámara de Comercio de Guayaquil.
Jorge Sicouret´s experience includes, among other matters, the following:
Arbitration & Litigation
- Acting as a member of the team that prepared multiple expert’s reports in Ecuadorian law for an UNCITRAL Chevron Corporation arbitration against the Republic of Ecuador.
- Counseling to the International Water Services (Guayaquil) INTERAGUA, concessionaire of the drinking water and sewerage service, in a CCI arbitration against the Empresa Municipal de Agua Poatble y Alcantarillado of Guayaquil.
- Leading lawyer of BASF Aktiengesellschaft in more than 30 lawsuits of damages followed by Ecuadorian shrimp companies, originated in a trial in the United States for an amount of one billion dollars.
- Leading lawyer of the team in charge of the legal defense and representation of Colgate-Palmolive Company in an unfair competition trial.
- Leading lawyer of the team in charge of the counsel for the company “Odin Mining del Ecuador S.A.” as a third party in a judicial process that contested a declaration of termination of a mining concession.
Concessions, Public-Private Partnerships and Infrastructure Projects
- Counseling to the International Water Services (Guayaquil) BV, at the time a subsidiary of Bechtel Construction Company, in the bidding process for which it was awarded the concession for drinking water, sanitary sewer and rainwater services in Guayaquil for 30 years.
- Advising Corporación América S.A. in the bidding process for which the operation of Guayaquil International Airport was awarded for a period of 15 years.
Credentials and Memberships
- Member of Foro de Abogados del Ecuador (1983)
- Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil; Attorney (1983)