Adrián Pérez Salazar
Adrian obtained a B.A in International Political Economy and in Philosophy at Beloit College (Wisconsin, USA). Subsequently, he obtained a law degree (J.D equivalent) from the Carlos III University of Madrid and another from Universidad de Especialidades Espiritu Santo (Ecuador). He is currently in the United States pursuing an LL.M at Harvard Law School, with an emphasis on arbitration, American commercial law, and Law & Economics. He specializes in international litigation and arbitration, as well as areas that are at the intersection between law and economics, such as antitrust and corporate law.
He has participated in Human Rights defense projects with the Vance Center for International Justice (New York, USA) in 2013, and was part of the department of labor law at Baker & McKenzie (Madrid, Spain) in 2016. He has taught political philosophy workshops at the ECOTEC University.
Adrian’s experience includes, among other things, the following:
Arbitration and Litigation
- Member of the legal team representing Amdocs in several complex international litigations relating to public procurement against the Corporación Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CNT), a state-controlled entity.
- Member of the legal team that advises Gente Oil in an investment arbitration against the Ecuadorian State.
- Assistant and advisor in the drafting of an expert opinion for Maessa in an investment arbitration dispute against the Ecuadorian Estado.
- Ecuadorian advisor to the U.S. firm Schirrmeister, Diaz-Arrastria & Brem LLP in an international class action lawsuit against Dow Chemical involving Ecuadorian plaintiffs.
- External advisor to Nestlé in several national disputes.
- Advisor to Kimberly Clark in a dispute against the Municipality of Esmeraldas.
- Assistant to the team of advisors of the newspaper El Universo on matters related to freedom of speech.
- Member of the legal team that advised Roche Laboratories in an administrative litigation.
- Colaborar en la preparación de un informe pericial en un arbitraje internacional de inversiones.
- Advisor for VISA in Ecuador for matters relating to antitrust law.
Corporate Law and M&A
- Member of the advisory team of Wellbore Integrity Solutions for the acquisition of assets owned by Schlumberger in Ecuador.
- Member of the advisory team of Cridesa, an Ecuadorian subsidiary of Owens Illinois, in regulatory and environmental matters.
- Member of the advisory team of Sumifru in the acquisition of agricultural assets in Ecuador.
Credentials and Memberships
- Member of the Forum of Lawyers of Ecuador (2021)
- Beloit College WI; Teaching Assistant: Principles of Economics (2011)
- ECOTEC University; workshop "Theories of Justice" (2020)
- Beloit College; International Political Economy and Philosophy B.A. (2013)
- Carlos III University of Madrid; “Grado en Derecho” (2017)
- Universidad de Especialidades Espíritu Santo; “Abogado de los Tribunales” (2021)
- Harvard Law School; LL.M (2022)
- Honors for the best thesis; Carlos III University of Madrid (2017)
- Summa cum laude; Beloit College (2013)